Monday, October 3, 2016

3D Class Week 06 UV and Digital Sculpting for a Prop

Hello all, For this week's assignment we were to UV a proxy cannon and then turn it from a low-res mesh to a high-res mesh in Maya and then export that asset as an OBJ in order to detail it in ZBrush. After UVing, I added some edges using the multicut tool in Maya in order to give some of the edges more support so that the pieces would hold their form in smooth preview. Then I exported the file as an OBJ and brought it into ZBrush where I added details using mainly the Dam_Brush and the stamp with a custom alpha channel. After all of that I was able to Decimate the cannon and bring it down from 36 mil polys to around 4 mil. Lastly I exported the Cannon as an OBJ again after decimation.




Cannon after detailing in ZBrush

Cannon After Decimation

1 comment:

  1. Everything turned out nice, could use a little more medium details on the sculpt and a bit more fine level noise details.

    ReplyDelete