Monday, September 5, 2016

3D Week 2 (Minecraftish Level)


In this assignment I was to create a cube in Maya, UV it and texture it to look like a minecraft sort of block. Then I would go in Unreal Engine 4 and create a level using that cube. We learned how to use add a texture image to a material instance in UE4. Now this level was so big that I decided I should add a video of the player exploring the castle which you can find in the bottom of this post. The whole project took me 12 hours to complete from creating the cube, painting the textures in Photoshop and building in UE4. Enjoy!









6 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I really like your theme of floating, fantasy structures in disarray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My god... You are building an empire!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yunhao, I just need an empire of chickens to populate my buildings :D

      Delete
  3. Very cool layout! I love that you added the video for us to see the level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Nick! I thought the pictures didn't do it justice

      Delete